It's all lies...

Thursday 24 May 2012

Awesome Calorie Logging App!!

I *had* to share this... this app has calorie/nutrition info for EVERY food! The only negative (which is also a positive in some respects) is that people can add calorie information for foods, if they're not there already, but they're not veto'd first. For example, I searched Post Just Bunches, cereal. I found 3 different results, one was 200 for 1/3 a cup (gasp) and one was 250... I would just go with the higher one, to be safe, so if it turned out to be 200, I'd have eaten 50 less than I thought, which can never be bad!

The best thing is, you can *scan* the barcode on *any* food and it will show you the actual nutrition label for that food!

It has an exercise log, a food log, calorie counter and weightloss graph etc.. now I've used these apps and websites before (It has a website counterpart), the only one that ever worked for me, was shut down for some reason. I'd given up on them because finding foods was really difficult and I often ended up having to add the food and work everything out anyway (which I still do, but this is like the perfect backup, so I can double triple check!). Well, I wasn't actually obsessing about calories before now, I tried not to let myself, but being in such a plateau led me to start counting and this app has changed the way I do that, it obsesses about them for me! Lol.
Unfortunately, it will only let you enter up to a 2 lb a week weightloss (like most weight-loss aides, Wii Fit, DS weight loss 'game', etc). It says I have to eat 1200 cals for that, but I will just eat less than that. You can find out how much you will lose, if you enter less calories in your daily diary. It told me that I would lose, I think, 19 lbs in 5 weeks if I ate 200 cals a day... If I were to add exercise, it would be more for sure... So, tomorrow after the gym, I'll put in my calorie deficit and see what I could lose with exercise. I can't go today because I don't have a sitter, my partner is out and the childcare at the gym closes at 6 :(

So anyway, it's called MyFitnessPal and I know for sure that it's available on android, iPhone, Blackberry and Windows phone, iPad too, I think. And sincs automatically from the app to the website. It's a gem! A life saver! Honestly, lol. If you can't get it on your phone, there is a website too: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/. It lets you add friends, which I think is AWESOME! It says you're 3x more likely to lose weight, if you have friend added, as you're held accountable to someone else. It's totally true, we all know that. It doesn't look like it shows peoples weights, just their loss.
Qrcode <-- Android

Will open in new window:

iTunes/iPhone
Windows Phone
Blackberry

Or just search in your respective app stores! Lol.

If you get the app and/or join the website, I'm QuodMeNutrit, please add me!

*Edit*
BEST THING IS... IT'S FREE!!!
Get it quick, because reviewers are actually recommending that it NOT be free! What are they nuts? :s Just coz they have it already, *shakes head*

2 comments: