It's all lies...

Wednesday 30 May 2012

Welbutrin... And...Grr, pmsing!

So... I'm a little worried, as I've been prescribed Bupropion/Welbutrin.. It's an antidepressant and works on seasonal depression, which I have severely. He wants me on it all year round though, because I also get depressed as the summer dwindles away, lol.. And of course, the usual depression.


Who should NOT take Wellbutrin XL?

Do not take this mediction if you:
  • are allergic to bupropion or to any of the ingredients of the medication
  • are having abrupt withdrawal issues from alcohol, benzodiazepines (e.g., diazepam, clonazepam, lorazepam) or other sedatives (e.g., phenobarbital)
  • are taking another medication that contains bupropion (e.g., Zyban® or Wellbutrin®SR)
  • have a seizure disorder
  • have or have had an eating disorder (bulimia or anorexia nervosa)
  • have taken a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI; e.g., phenelzine, tranylcypromine) within the last 14 days
  • have taken thioridazine (an antipsychotic medication) within the last 14 days

Like, what the FUCK!?!? and WHY NOT!?! Is it because of the *possible* weight loss side effects? The *possibility* of loss of appetite as a side effect? Or... is there something else? There are others that I've found, not mentioned there, including dizziness.. Does it trigger your old eating disorder back into action?? Because this could have happened to me =/ my doctor has my charts, he should have READ them!

Side effects:
Changes in appetite; constipation; dizziness; drowsiness; dry mouth; headache; increased sweating; nausea; nervousness; restlessness; taste changes; trouble sleeping; vomiting; weight changes.

So, bold is stuff that I've had, but, it could be for other reasons... The underlined stuff, I've had too, but are more likely to be from the med.


What do you all think?? I DON'T want to go back to my doc and tell him.. I'm scared that he'll take me off it! I want the weightloss side effect! The loss of appetite! I wouldn't take them to begin with, I was scared. But, I started taking them around the time that my 2nd plateau ended, I think =/ wow.. My doctor could have given me something that triggered my ED... Oh well. I needed her back anyway *shrug*... I would have eaten myself to death otherwise!
But, I'm also scared that it could hurt me? I'm not supposed to take any stimulants (welbutrin is a kind of mild stimulant), because it could cause seizures?? Like, wtf? *Sigh* I dunno..I take diet pills like normal people take candy!

Fuck, I'm also PMSing :( I *really* hope I don't binge and gain, or gain even if I haven't binged *grrr* I'm so so so so scared that I'm going to gain. Lots of times I don't gain during my monthly curse, but I gain once it's gone!?! Get that? But then it goes back down after a couple days.. I SO don't need this right now! When I lost my menses, I was told that they can still happen, inside?? I don't know if that means just like the cravings and stuff, or the gross stuff just like.. staying?? I don't think that's possible... but I know I experienced cravings and back labour (is what I call it, coz I don't get cramps, I get back pain), like every other month :s and as I got closer to them coming back, it was happening every month.

Please think of me and hope that I don't give into the pms binge!

Going to bed right now, so that I can't binge... Not much around anyway, thank gods.. but hey, this is me, I'd find something! But, *need* a loss tomorrow. This is the first time I haven't weighed more than once in a day, in a LONG time, so I'm scared.  I need to cling onto what I want *most*, fuck what I want right now. That's not important and I don't want to have to purge over a couple of fricken arrow root cookies (we have a couple of huge boxes for the boy)... So, no. Tomorrow, once I get my apples, oranges and lemons, I'll be fine! Lol. I can chomp on them through the day and maybe even help raise my metabolism. As long as I'm nibbling on something while pmsing, I won't go nuts and binge =)

Live strong, my lovelies xxx

10 comments:

  1. If your doctor knows about your past of an eating disorder, and prescribed you Welbutrin anyway, I would sue the hell out of them, and then pay to have the weight taken off permantly lol. I don't know if you should stop taking them though. I'm sorry I don't have much advice sweetie. Keep your head up.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I was thinking the same thing hun! Haha

      Delete
  2. I wish the doctor would give me something that increases weight loss as a side affect :\ on a serious note, it doesnt seem like your doctor is being very attentive, if you find the symptoms other than the weightloss persist I would go back to the doctor to discuss it with them and maybe look at other options. But most anti depressants seem to have those or similar side effects.. Maybe see your doc again if you're worried? You are more than in your right to - And you could ask him to prescribe something with less side effects.

    Sorry for my crap advice :\

    Sorry that its that time of the month, its crap isnt it :( I feel for you, my periods are horrific too, I used to be on the pill for them, but I stopped taking it now cos I think it made me put on weight.. And now my periods seem to be back with a vengeance - sigh. I hope you feel better hun, Sending you a big hug! xx

    Lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks huni, most things have weight gain as a side effect, so I've decided not to complain! Lol.. I was on seroquel and it made me gain like *crazy*, I think that's what pushed me towards 'recovery', it wasn't even real recovery, it was just me being fat, weak and lazy, heh. It stops my night time cravings too, I haven't even wanted to binge in a while, I think it's great.

      I can't complain too much about my periods, they last like 3 days, lol... but I'm terrified of gaining =/

      Delete
  3. Maybe you could try them for a trial period and see how it goes although I think your doctor was irresponsible for not checking if you had an eating disorder. I was recently put on a new anti depressant, mirtazapine and I had some horrible side effects, just feeling really lethargic and feeling just not right so I stopped taking it.

    I think you have to try different meds until you find one that suits you. I know I did. I'm not sure if this was helpful and I'm sorry you're surfing the crimson wave,

    Lots of love x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lmao, you're way to the point! Haha, I love it..

      I think I'm gonna stay on it, it makes me get up in the mornings, it makes me shake my leg ten times more than I usually do (more calories burnt, heh), I think it's great that he *just* took me off my anxiety meds and then put me on a med that has anxiety as a side effect *rolls eyes*, oh well.. He's a doc, right? You *have* to trust them, lol

      Delete
  4. I think you should keep taking it. It is helping you over all. With weight and depression. My thing is most people when they are not depressed they don't think about food as much anyways. I mean one time before Kelly osbourne went on dacning with the stars. She lost a lot of weight and that was due to not being depressed. Or so she said.

    I think if it does get out of hand then you should talk to your doctor about giving you something. Is that wrong to suggest? It's what I would do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not wrong to suggest hun, I want to hear what you guys would do =)

      Kelly Osbourne is full of shit, lol, she had a thyroid problem, high.. She refused to take meds for it, because she was loosing a tonne of weight, without even trying.. so who would!? Lol

      My problem is, if it gets out of hand, it'll be too late, I'll be in too deep, heh... I already I am. Oh well

      xxx

      Delete
  5. I am actually on Wellbutrin XL at the moment, but I had the same fear and goal as you did when I was first prescribed it. The reason they say not to have an eating disorder with the meds is because it puts you at a risk of seizure. You are at a bit more risk if you have bulimia than anorexia on the meds though because of the dehydration and electrolyte imbalances. I have had no trouble with the meds, and I feel that you are only at a big risk of seizure if you take a very large dosage and or have another pre-existing medical condition. I remember one day i accidentally took 450 mg because i forgot i had already taken a pill, and I didn't run into any trouble. Shortly after I started the medicine, I felt my appetite decrease, and I dropped 10 lbs. However, i find that if i forget to take my meds for two days or more that my appetite comes back with a vengeance. There are tradeoffs to every drug, so in the end you should go with whatever move that makes you most comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie.. the appetite things is probable a big no-no for people with ED's too, lol... I think, although I had started to ditch recovery anyways, this totally didn't help... but oh well, if I get back down to 99 lbs (69 was far too low), then I'll have to give some thanks to my doctor, heh. I love that it decreases my appetite.. actually, when I eat, I feel pretty sick and nauseous =/

      Thanks for the comment hun, hope to see you around =)

      (feel free to comment on past entries, some people don't like that, but I don't mind :P lol)

      xxx

      Delete