It's all lies...

Friday 8 June 2012

*Tiny* losses...

So, I'm slowly SLOWLY moving. I had the courage to add up the cals I had on the day I showed you my intake... It was just under 500. I lost a teeny 0.4 lbs the next morning. I had almost 700 cals the next day =| (this terrifies me, because this is really too easy for me atm, I'm not struggling with wanting food, so I don't want to give my body food and make it want more, ya know).

700 was torture, but I ate slightly higher calorie stuff (like cereal), rather than forcing a load of low calorie stuff down. I get to like 8pm and I'm at 100 maybe 200 and I'm like shit, I was supposed to eat more today, and spread it out, if I cram it all in now, I'm gonna gain for sure.. but I bit the bullet and did it. Next morning I was down into the next set of numbers! Only slightly, but still. I think since my plateau at ##7.2, I'm now at ##5.8, so not a huge difference, but 1.4 lbs is still a victory when it comes to getting out of a plateau! I just hope it continues now. I'd be devastated to go up and still really bummed to stay the same.

On a not so good note, I've somehow managed to injure my arm/shoulder =/ It's kind of a recurring injury, since I had an awful spasm, seizure type attack, due to an allergic reaction to risperdol. My neck and shoulder were fucked because of it. I was on a flight back to the UK, after a terrible visit here in Canada, the symptoms started in the airport, so you can imagine how bad I was by the time I got to England after an 8 hour flight. It was horrific. I was given oxygen, because the spasms were literally forcing my chin into my chest and stopping me from being able to breathe properly. They managed to get permission from ground control, to give me a muscle relaxant and I slept for a portion of the flight. SUCH a relief... but anyway, since then, the muscle in my neck and shoulder has pulled very easily.. sleeping on it funny, reaching, lifting, twisting to fast, but now it takes almost nothing to pull it and it has progressed to a more nerve pinching type of pain, which has spread, very painfully, down my arm. All I can do is take advil and try to sleep it off, since there is *no* comfortable position and it inhibits my movement so severely, I can't turn my head. I really should see someone about it, but it takes like, at least a week to get in with a doc and by then the pain is gone. And I couldn't imagine sitting in the ER for hours, without being able to lye down, bc sitting is extremely painful... The point of the rant, is that I can't go to the gym! :( And I *so* badly need and want to go. I'm thinking of going and just using the seated bike.  You literally just use your legs.. And maybe a walk on the treadmill? I've still been doing thigh lifts and crunches (couldn't do crunches the first day, but it feels ok now), star jumps/jumping jacks are painful.. Anyone know of any other exercises I could do, that wouldn't hurt my arm/shoulder??

I have this kinda weird rule for the treadmill... If I walk for like 20-30 mins on it, I always make myself do double the time and walk for 20-30 mins 'back'. I pretend it's like I've walked somewhere and if I had, I would have to talk 'back home', so I make it the same if I'm walking on the treadmill, so that I don't cop out, lol... Does anyone else have 'odd' rules for/during exercising?

Anyway, wish me luck and continues loss! And I wish the same for you girls (or gains for those of you who are trying and I wish you to accept it well).

I'm off to read up on all your blogs! xxx

7 comments:

  1. I know you must pretty excited about eating the 70 cal. I like to spread my calories threw out the day too. At least you know not to eat so close to bed time. I had to learn that the hard way.

    You will get back to that weight you are suppose to be. Just keep pushing. You are doing well. Hey did you decide to take those ephedrine pills? Can not remember at the moment if you said you would or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't say that I was excited! Lol, it was hard and I hated it. But, I'm hoping it pays off =/ It's made me think about food more, but I will have to get over that. The last time I wanted this SO bad, I ended up at 69lbs and it took less than a year, I started off in the high 100's.. 12/13 stone, I believe. I was 17 then. I got real big again after a few years, then went down again to about 120 and crept up again, it's like this huge horrible cycle with me. ALL or NOTHING, that's me. I have to get it off and *keep* it off, bleh. I just wonder how.. I guess I'll never eat 'normally' again.. but I came to terms with that a long time ago.

      Delete
    2. Oh and for now, I'm not gonna take the ephedrine, they are pretty dangerous. I'll stick to my herbal stuffs.

      Delete
  2. oh *hugggg* your poor arm, sounds like a terrible injury - my aunty had a similar thing in her leg and it got so bad she was nearly paralysed so I would get it checked out, injuries can easily worsen, you may also need a stonger painkiller - i have heard its had to get cocodamol over there.. sounds likes you need some right now :\

    what about lunges? or lying on your back and circling your legs (bicycle) it works your lower stomach.. i really dont know :\ but I did have strange rituals at the gym. I would have to do the exact amount of time on every machine, and couldnt go over the exact amount of time - if i did, I had to do another ten mins. Strange these things we do right..

    Well done on getting out of that plateau you star! I know you can get to your next gw for sure!

    much love <3 cant wait to see pics! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the exercise tips! I will definitely try the bicycle! I've been wondering what I can do for the lower stomach.. I *hate* mine with a passion.

      We definitely do get some odd OCD's with this thing!

      I'm really hoping that I'm out of the plateau, I made the mistake of weighing tonight and I was back up, I'm hoping that it's just temporary weight, ya know.. people are often up at night =/ I have to stop this. I don't know if you saw on MFP, but my partner challenged me to put the scale away and only weigh twice a week... I dunno =/ maybe I'll post about that one and get everyone's opinion, in case you don't see this!

      Thanks again though,
      Lots of love x

      Delete
  3. I can't wait until you post your weight. I bet you're beautiful sweetie. I'm sorry to hear about your arm, hopefully it gets better quick. Stay beautiful.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ack! Now I'm nervous, lol... But I was anyway! I think I've thrown in a few hints, so you know I'm not tiny and I gained a *lot* during recovery.. I think I have about another 30 lbs before I'm comfortable to post recent pics or even disclose my weight.. Hopefully it'll come sooner rather than later.

      Thanks for your ongoing support hun, you're an inspiration to us all x

      Delete